Sunday, June 6, 2010

I come from a land down under.

I am in Australia! My company sent me to Australia to do some internal audit-type stuff. I am super excited to be here; I am looking forward to really doing well on this business trip to further show my worth to the company in hopes that I will get great compensation (a raise) and more chances to travel. The only bad thing about this trip is my wife can't be with me because she is 8 months pregnant. Everything that I do here will be done with a tinge of regret because my wife won't be with me. I am also very concerned about the baby coming early. I will be praying for the baby to be patient and I won't mind if readers of this blog do the same. I am very grateful to have great family close by to take care of Staci while I am gone.

The time difference will make chatting with my wife over skype a little interesting, the plan is to talk during my lunch and her evenings. I will be a day ahead of her. Looking at the clock on my laptop, it should be Sunday afternoon at 2:49, but here it is Monday morning at 6:49. Hopefully I will get over jet lag fairly quickly.

Wish me luck, but more importantly wish my sweet wife luck.

Oh by the way, I will be in Melbourne, the second largest city in Australia, for two weeks.


You may think I don't look that great in this pic, I had just gotten off a 14 hour plane ride with only standing up once; my feet and legs are still swollen from the trip. When I told Staci, she really got a kick out of it, I now have a tiny idea of one of the many things she is going through being pregnant.

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

You are sweet to take note of the things Staci is going through to have a baby.

Holy Cow!! I had no idea you were going to do this! How awesome Jamon! Even though Staci is not there try to have a great time. I bet Daron would have met you there if he knew a long time ahead.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Jamon, I hope that you are having a blast being in the land of Vegemite sandwiches. (I hear that Vegemite is one of the worlds richest known sources of vitamin B.) Are you going to try to visit the Australian Zoo? Be sure to post lots of pictures!
We will be praying for your dear, sweet, beautiful wife and that dearest son of yours. :) It was great seeing you all last week!

Natalie in Sparks said...

Jamon - Have fun! Enjoy yourself, even if you can't be with Staci. BTW veggiemite is GROSS!

Staci hang in there, and call me if you want to chat while Jamon is gone.
Cameron went on 3 different scout trips and one weekend havasu falls trip without me during the last few months of my pregnancy with Emma. So I know how it feels. I can't believe how soon your baby will be here! I am excited for you guys!