Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Oh Geez, Liam is Three

I was so excited for Liam’s Birthday this year. Liam was so excited for his birthday this year, even though he would forget until one of us reminded him.  Months ago I had Liam look at a blog that listed 30 boy parties.  He decided out of all of them that the Crayon Party was the one he wanted.  Then he started to get into Tow-Mater (from Cars, in case you didn’t know). So I thought I would plan a Mater party. I had it mostly planned and then talked to him about it and nope he wanted a Crayon Party. So here it is.

 DSC_0996DSC_0995

We started out the day by having his favorite breakfast: Waffles, Strawberries, and Cool Whip.  The Cool Whip actually being his favorite part (and if you’ve been following our blog you will know that this is what we have for all Birthdays.  We LOVE it!

DSC_1002Liam chose this Goblet cup.  His big day, I guess it makes sense.

After our yummy breakfast we went to the reservoir to swim.

DSC_0004  DSC_1027

DSC_1041 DSC_1049 DSC_1055

DSC_1020Liam thought he was swimming and was super excited to show me.

Then it was home for naps and then “Party Time”

DSC_0007Liam with his cousins Nash and Bridgette (or “Gibette” as Liam would say)

First we made our own crayons by melting down old crayons in muffin tins. DSC_0008  I did not take a picture of the end result, but they turned out pretty cool.

We went through almost every kid game I could think of.  They only took 5 min so we had to do a LOT to take up time.

DSC_0010 DSC_0014  Playing musical chairs or musical towels.  My brother, Mark, dad to Bridgette and Nash, Played along with Jamon. 

Then Present time.

DSC_0016 DSC_0022     DSC_0033 He loved putting money in his piggy bank.

DSC_0023A hug for Aunt Jodee for giving him a golf set.

Liam got a Little People Farm, Hungry Hungry Hippo (which he is obsessed with), and a Piggy Bank from us.  A Golf set, water toys, bouncing ball thing, puzzles, and Lightening McQueen from friends and family.  Thanks Everyone.

DSC_0021Asher did exactly what he did on his Birthday.

For Dinner we had a Taco/Salad Bar. 

DSC_0036

I put the food together in color groups and then tried to put them all in a rainbow.  It could’ve looked better, but it definitely couldn’t have tasted better.

   DSC_0039 DSC_0040  DSC_0043

My Sister, Jodee, and I had fun making this cake.  Most of the fun was trying to get the colors to be bright.  They turned out exactly like I wanted them too.  DSC_0053

The candles are so annoying.  I wish I would’ve taken pictures without them.

DSC_0056

We were most worried about the inside colors not being bright enough.  They turned out PERFECT though.

DSC_0078

I am really happy with how it turned out.

DSC_0065

I couldn’t get Bridgette to move so I could get a picture of Liam alone.  She was too excited.

DSC_0069DSC_0071DSC_0073DSC_0076DSC_0061DSC_0062Liam’s teeth look blue, because he couldn’t wait until after pictures to take the top off the blue crayon.         

Overall a great Birthday.  Liam totally enjoyed being around cousins and especially being at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.  Thanks to my family for making it special for him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Liam is so sweet! You have such cute ideas, Staci. Love and miss you guys....

xoxo

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Love the cake. You 2 are amazing cakers. What a fun day for a big 3-year-old. Happy belated to him!

Unknown said...

what great parties you had for your boys. The are so cute. The cakes are amazing. I can't believe the colors!